Food Safety Importance


During my food service management rotation, I realized the importance of educating employees on various food safety topics.  During my rotation, I witnessed various activities taking place that contradict with what I have been taught during my ServSafe course as well as nutrition classes.  However, although I way be aware of the issues, it is also important to realize that some employees may not be.  It is vital to hold in-services and employee training on food safety.  I understand that sometimes employees are in a hurry or do not have time to take the proper steps in preparing the food, you must educate the importance of serving safe food because it will affect everyone. 

I found a great brochure that can be utilized at home or in a facility on proper preparation of produce.

Partnership for food safety education. (2010). Help everyone fight back like a producepro. Retrieved from http://www.fightbac.org/storage/Refreshed_Produce_Campaign/Produce_Brochure.pdf 

-DH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Milk Mythbusters