Peanut Butter…what kind is the healthiest?!



Peanut Butter…what kind is the healthiest?!

Have you ever been in the peanut butter isle at the grocery store and become very overwhelmed? Well that stops today! I am going to share with you some tips and tricks on peanut butter.. YAY!

First check out the ingredients label – you want 2 simple ingredients….salt and peanut butter..duh! Seems too easy right? Well, a lot of peanut butter companies tend to add a lot of ingredients that do not need to be added to peanut butter like palm oil, sugar, and molasses. If your label simply says “peanuts and salt” you are good to go!

One amazing and healthy peanut butter (in moderation) is the Natural Creamy Peanut Butter made by Smucker’s! It only contains peanuts and salt.  I have attached a picture of it below including the nutrition and ingredient label.  It is in a glass jar which makes it easy to microwave….yes, I said it…. microwave!

For those of you who have never bought peanut butter like this before…here is some news for you.  You have to stir the peanut butter before serving because it does separate.  But, here is a trick….if you keep the peanut butter upside down in your cupboard it stirs very easily! If it starts to harden on the bottom, pop the entire jar in the microwave for a few seconds and it is good to go. 

Overall, peanut butter can be tricky to buy because there are so many brands and types! If you stick with these golden rules, all you peanut butter problems will be solved J
















IB
Reference:


Comments

  1. IB,
    I really enjoyed reading this post! I just recently started buying the Smuckers all natural peanut butter. Even without all the added ingredients it tastes great! I wish I would have seen this post when I first bought it because I didn’t know how to keep it from separating. I hated having to try to mix it every time I went to eat it. The oil just sat on the top and wouldn’t really mix in. However, thanks to your post, I no longer have that problem! Peanut butter is definitely my favorite snack, being able to buy a spread that only contains peanuts and a little bit of salt makes me feel a lot better about eating it all the time!

    MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. IB,

    I am a huge peanut butter connoisseur and have tried so many different products! I recently purchased Smuckers All Natural PB after reading this post and I literally love it! It is so delicious and doesn't include those other added ingredients! I usually stray away from the natural peanut butters because they separate and I hate that! But I tried your suggestion of keeping it upside down and all I can say is YESS!! Loved the blog post! It was so helpful to me!

    EB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?