Spring into this Produce

 

Spring is upon us and with the sun shining and flowers blooming, now is the perfect time to shop for produce. In-season produce is usually fresher, riper, and has a better overall taste than out of season produce. You can also save money by buying in season! Here is a list of my favorite spring produce and how you can use it. 




Asparagus

Asparagus is a great source of folate, fiber, vitamin A, C, and K. I love to prepare my asparagus with olive oil, a little bit of garlic, and parmesan cheese and place it in the Air-Fryer for a crunchy snack!





Recipes that use asparagus

        



  Avocado

Avocados contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are the “good” fats that can help lower LDL cholesterol. Avocados are also a great source of fiber. I like to put avocado on my bagels with a sprinkle of Everything Bagel seasoning on top



Recipes that use avocado


Lemon

Lemons are a good source of Vitamin C, which can boost immunity. I like to add lemon to my tea or squeeze it on top of shrimp cocktail. 






Recipes that use lemon 





Strawberries 

Strawberries have a high water content, to help keep you hydrated. Strawberries are also abundant in vitamin C, folate, manganese, and potassium. I like to eat my strawberries plain or add them to a smoothie. 



Recipes that use strawberries

Comments

  1. This is a great blog post! I love that you included suggestions on how to prepare or use these Spring foods. I always find myself using produce in the same way every time, so I will have to try out some of these new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?