Over-Night Oats

 


Like many other people, I struggle with eating breakfast in the morning. Between the rush of getting ready and my body not being awake yet, I skip what is arguably the most important meal of the day! I made it one of my goals to eat breakfast more often during the week. I achieved this by making overnight oats! They are so simple and convenient. I will make them the night before (or even a couple nights) and put them in the fridge so when I wake up the next day, I have already made breakfast! For added convenience, I will put them in a small mason jar and take them with me so when I find a chance in my busy mornings, I can still get my breakfast in.

 

Over-Night Oats Recipe

·         ½ cup of Oats (I use old fashioned)

·         ½ cup of any milk of your choice.

·         Shake to combine and place in refrigerator overnight.

·         Add any toppings you like! For example:

  1. 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
  2. 1 teaspoon of honey
  3. A few chocolate chips
  4. 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
  5. 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
  6. Sprinkle of coconut
  7. Nuts
  8. Chopped fruit or berries
  9. Pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg

 

Now, when I wake up, breakfast is already ready for me! I can add so many different toppings to create tons of combinations. It is always filling and delicious.

Nutrition Breakdown of My Favorite Over-Night Oats:

 

½ Cup oats                                          CHO: 15g        Protein: 3g      Fat:  0g            kcal: 80

½ Cup 1% milk                                   CHO: 6g          Protein: 4g      Fat:  1g            kcal: 50

1 Tbs peanut butter                             CHO: 0g          Protein: 7g      Fat:  8g            kcal: 100

1 Tbs of mini chocolate chips             CHO: 9g          Protein: 0g      Fat:  4g            kcal: 70

1 Tsp of honey                                    CHO: 5g          Protein: 0g      Fat:  0g            kcal: 20

 

Total:   CHO: 35g        Protein: 14g    Fat: 13g           kcals: 320

 

Play around with different toppings to alter protein, carbohydrate, or fat content!


-AC

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I also love overnight oats- mostly because of how easy they are. I have a bad habit of setting my alarm so I have JUST enough time to get ready in the morning... I take my sleep very seriously! I love adding a spoonful of chia seeds to my milk and oat mixture to add a different texture and increase fiber and protein amount. Also, I'll admit, I add way too many chocolate chips (mini's, of course) to my overnight oats... I take my sweetness seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?