A Diffferent Application of Leadership

Having been a Girl Scout for quite some time when I was younger, I happened to find this article on leadership in young girls.  While leadership is a lifelong process, starting early makes a huge difference.  I know I personally have leadership skills from the many things I did as a Scout.  Female leadership in politics is not looked upon as favorably in our society (only 16.6% of Congress was female in 2011; 32 countries in the world have a female leader excluding the US), and so few girls choose to pursue a political career.  There are also gender stereotypes involved.  The article is quite long, but ties in some pop culture like Barbie for President and Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blue.  This goes to prove that leadership can truly be found in any setting and is not restricted to a certain age or gender.

C. Pfaff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Milk Mythbusters