Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Public Health and Community Nutrition Resource Page

When looking up community and nutrition topics via google, I saw there was an eatrightPRO web link associated with the google search; this link took me to the AND earrightPRO Public Health and Community Nutrition resource page (http://www.eatrightpro.org/resources/practice/practice-resources/public-health-and-community). I am very glad I stumbled upon this webpage as it provides very useful and creditable public health and community nutrition websites/resources. The topic that drew my attention was the Self-Assessment Tool for Public Health/Community Nutritionists (http://www.epi.umn.edu/let/assessment/index.shtm). I was drawn to this topic because I have a passion for community nutrition/public health; therefore, I had to take the test to find out the results. The test comprised of four modules and was done through the University of Minnesota. Module 1: Self-Reflection; involved question that ask about current public health/community nutrition involvement and future plans. Module 2: Self-assessment asks a list of questions regarding readiness of certain public health/community nutrition knowledge/information. Module 3: Learning Development Plan: asks how you plan to accomplish goals to be involved in public health/community nutrition. Module 4: provides a list of public health/ community nutrition jobs and websites resources. Although the outcome of this tool was not what I expected (clear result if I should be in public health/community nutrition occupation or type of public health/community nutrition occupation I should be in), it was very helpful and beneficial in getting me to truly think about having an occupation in public health/community nutrition. The list of jobs and websites in this field is also very helpful as I would not have thought of some of the resources they provided; such as, The Early Childhood Research Institute on Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS).

-NM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Milk Mythbusters