Be a PRO a substituting


Be a PRO at substituting

Protein is so important in our daily nutrient intake. It comes from many different sources. Sometimes if I don’t feel like consuming meat or poultry, I must find my intake from other sources. I gravitate more towards the nuts, quinoa, chickpeas, or beans as my alternative sources. If I am eating any kinds of nuts, I usually eat them as a snack. When I choose quinoa, I enjoy it with some veggies for a meal. I eat carrots with hummus to get my chickpea intake. Finally, if I go for the beans, I will cook a Mexican rice bowl for dinner to get my intake that way. These alternative sources provide a good amount of protein if you can’t get the meat or poultry in your diet. These alternatives are just my favorite there are some other ones I did not include.

Nuts- Nut butters without salt or sugars and regular nuts that are unsalted as well.

Quinoa- This is a great source of protein! It is prepared just like rice … VERY simple!

Greek yogurt- This brand of yogurt provides more protein than the others and can be a good source of protein. It helps to choose the plain yogurt that does NOT have those added sugars we all hate!!

Beans- purchase cans that have no added salt! -They are really easy to cook :)

If you are a person who doesn’t eat different meat or poultry … how do you get your necessary protein intake daily? These are just a few that I listed that I personally love!

AM



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Milk Mythbusters