Chick-fil-a Sundays

Chick-fil-a is truly one of the best fast food restaurants out there (in my opinion anyway). And I’m gonna venture out and say that most would agree with me, considering it’s ALWAYS double wrapped around the building no matter what time of day it is. It’s definitely at the top of my list when it comes to eating fast food. The only problem is the days I typically want chick-fil-a, is on Sundays. I’m sure we’ve all been there, when you finally decide where you want to grab food at, then you realize it’s Sunday night and chick-fil-a is closed. Yes, this is a problem, but I think I have a new recipe that might fix your Sunday fried chicken cravings. This is a mock chick-fil-a sandwich I found on tik tok that I can attest tastes amazing and is actually pretty healthy. Instead of deep fat frying the chicken to get it crispy, we’re going to use corn flakes. It sounds crazy but trust me, its delicious. I made a few tweaks to the original tik tok recipe but overall, it’s pretty similar. Here’s what you’re going to need: Ingredients: Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast 1 egg Milk of your choice (I used almond) Buffalo Sauce Flour Garlic Powder Salt Pepper Corn Flakes Sandwich bun (recommend brioche) Sandwich Pickles Sauce: Simply mix light mayo and chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce. Adjust until desire taste. Directions: Start by cutting and pounding your chicken breast to desired size. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and set aside. Next make the egg wash by mixing 1 egg, a splash of milk, and some buffalo sauce. Set the egg wash aside and mix (approximately 1 cup) flour, dash of garlic powder, salt, and pepper and set aside. For both the egg wash and dry mixture you can eyeball amounts as you only need enough to fully cover the chicken breast. Dip the chicken breast in the flour mixture, then in the egg wash. From the egg wash, dip the chicken in the corn flakes covering both sides. Press the chicken down into the corn flakes to slightly break the flakes and ensure that each part of the chicken is coated. Transfer chicken to the air fryer and air fry at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Lightly toast the sandwich buns, add chipotle mayo sauce, pickles, and enjoy! https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRtALkUD/ -A.C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?

Harvest of the Month