Make Chickpeas a Part of Your Diet!

Chickpeas can often be overlooked because they people don’t know what to do with them.


-use them in baked goods for added fiber and protein

-roast them with seasoning for a delicious, crunchy snack or add them to a salad

-add them to soup or chili

-make your own hummus

-add them to pasta sauce

-make your own falafel

-add them to ground beef or turkey with some spices

-add them to steamed veggies


Benefits of consuming chickpeas


-high in fiber: prevent constipation

-source of unsaturated fats: reduce cholesterol levels

-low glycemic index: helps prevent blood sugar levels from spiking



One of my favorite chickpea recipes:

Chickpea cookie dough!

My husband is not a fan of chickpeas and I cannot get him to eat them if they were the last food on earth. One day I decided to try this cookie dough recipe and I’m not kidding, HE PREFERS THE CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH OVER MY REGULAR COOKIE DOUGH!!


  • 1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and skins removed)

  • ⅓ heaping cup creamy peanut butter

  • 2 tsp vanilla extract

  • 2 tsp maple syrup

  • ½ cup chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. In a food processor or blender, puree chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup until completely blended.

  2. Mix in chocolate chips.

  3. Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.


https://health.clevelandclinic.org/health-benefits-of-chickpeas/

https://www.sixvegansisters.com/2017/04/09/chickpea-cookie-dough/

https://themom100.com/recipe/chickpea-salad/

https://www.rachelcooks.com/cinnamon-roasted-chickpeas/


SG


 

Comments

  1. I love chickpeas, so you know I’ll be trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find that many people are not always sure of how to use beans. I love adding them to anything and everything but I have never tried a chickpea cookie dough! Just added it to my list of things to do over Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself usually only eating black beans or pinto beans when I make chili, so sometimes I forget what a powerhouse chickpeas are! I will be trying these recipes over Christmas break :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you! I absolutely LOVE chickpea cookies and I don't know how I would've survived COVID without them because I lived for both making and eating them! I suggest trying the EnjoyLife Vegan mini chocolate chips as they provide just enough chocolate for the little bite sized cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?