Sleepy Interns 💤


 Sleepy Interns💤

 

Finals are around the corner and everyone knows how important sleep is. We’ve only been told a million times now to get a good night’s rest before our big exam. Well guess what, we would if we could. I don’t know about you, but when I have a big day coming up, my mind seems to be racing on repeat and sometimes I really just can’t sleep. That’s usually the time I roll over and grab my melatonin gummy out of my nightstand drawer. 

 

Melatonin gummies are great, but maybe not a necessity anymore. As dietetic students, we’re always taught to treat with food first right? Well maybe foods the solution to insomnia as well? 

 

Here are five foods to consider switching out your bedtime snack for, for optimal sleep. Each of these contain their own natural form of melatonin and have shown to improve sleep. 

 


1. Almonds


2. Bananas

 

3. Cherry Juice

 

4. Walnuts

 

5. Seeds


 

 

So next time you roll over for that melatonin, reach for the almonds instead! 



-A.C.






https://medshadow.org/5-surprising-ways-alcohol-harms-your-body/

Comments

  1. I never heard this before! I'm excited to try this instead of a hormone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more sleep! I find myself oftentimes turning to coffee for that afternoon pick-me-up, but I will try to utilize these suggested food items for this upcoming week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?