Marinated Madness

Marinated-Madness

Having protein at every meal is extremely important for a well-balanced diet.  Through-out college I found myself eating plain, baked chicken or pork tenderloin almost every day, sometimes twice per day.  It didn’t take long for me to become sick of the taste of meat.  When it got to that point, I knew I had to do something to mix it up.  I didn’t want to cut chicken and pork tenderloin from my diet or add a ton of calories and fat for flavor.  So, one day my mom and I decided to go to the store, grab a bunch of ingredients that sounded good and then created a multitude of different marinades! 

I would start by mixing all the ingredients in a large zip lock bag.  Once the marinade was done, I would put the uncooked meat in the bag then place the bag in the fridge for 4-6 hours.  The meat would soak up all the flavors and the marinade kept the meat moist when it baked.  It made the meat so flavorful and I never got sick of the taste again because I was always trying different marinades!  This was a great option for me because it was simple and still healthy! It was also fun to experiment with all the different flavor combinations. I have listed below a few of my favorite marinades for chicken, pork, and steak!

Pork tenderloin-2 lbs (2 logs)
1/2 C peanut oil
1/3 C soy sauce
1/4 C red wine vinegar
3 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs dry mustard
1 ½ tsp pepper

Chicken breast-5 skinless breast halves
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C low fat ranch
3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs minced fresh rosemary
2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbs honey

Flank steak-2-3 pounds
2 garlic cloves
1/2 C soy sauce
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
Dash of garlic salt 
1 whole onion cut up


Every recipe can be altered to your liking! Enjoy!

MG

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/64513/rosemary-ranch-chicken-kabobs/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are All Sugars Created Equal?

Do you struggle with pre and post exercise nutrition?